This week I have realized all the things that I would have never learned had I been unwilling to venture down this path. Here is the short list:
- I love history. My exposure to world history prior to homeschooling was a backbreaking textbook with dates, dates, and more dates. This year history has come alive for me. I love the books that we are using. Real books, not two paragraphs used to bookend another timeline.
- spelling - - -teaching phonics is greatly improving my spelling skills
- each fingertip has 50,000 nerve endings! Did you know that? Last night as I prayed for my children, I thanked God that he knows every one of those nerve endings.
- how to find the answer to analogy questions (wish I had had this one 15 years ago when I was taking the SAT)
- how to rejoice and live comfortably in the life that God has called you to, even if that is different from what you expected
What are you learning on the adventure that God has called you to?